In today world, it’s easy to caught up in technology where everyone is on their phone or iPad consuming entertainment all day doing nothing and inactive. Before you babysit your children with iPads / Tv and letting them watch their favorite YouTube personal, here is something you need to consider. Is your child going to grow healthy; mentally and physically by letting them consumes entertainment videos all day on their iPad doing nothing?
IF YOU ARE A PARENT THAT WANTS YOUR CHILDREN TO BE HEALTHY MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY, HERE IS THE TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LET YOUR CHILDREN PLAY OUTSIDE.
1. Boost Physical well being: The study shows that playing outside is helpful for children. It allows them to practice their physical abilities such as running, jumping and skipping etc. All these things are critical for hand-eye coordination and it boots their confidants in terms of being comfortable with their body.
2. Increase Self-awareness: Experiencing outdoor play helps your child take risks and learn about their own abilities. For example, they can discover how high they can climb, how well they can balance, how fast they can run and what it is like to roll on grass.
3. Improve their imaginative thinking process: Playing outdoors is helpful for encouraging creative thinking through imagination. The great thing about outdoor is that it direct children into enjoying an unstructured play, where they have to make up activities and games on the spot with what is around them – now a log can be a pirate ship sailing the seas, or a stick can be a magic wand – or anything they can imagine. Playing games like ‘Hide and Seek’ is fun and important for your child’s development as they assist with language skills and social and emotional learning.
4. Increase their knowledge about nature: Being outdoors also helps your child connect with nature and the environment around them. You can use the opportunity of going outside together to talk to your child about the natural world. For example, you could discuss how plants grow, the changing of the seasons or how caterpillars turn into butterflies. Outdoor play is great fun and promotes happy, healthy and strong children – so try to encourage your child to play outside every day!
5. Improve Social Skills: As outdoor spaces are usually less crowded than indoors, it is less intimidating and helps children to naturally come out of their shells and be more social. This means that children will be more willing to join in games and activities, while they will also